Anthony's room in the house suffered from the same problems that everything in the house, minus the kitchen/dining room and the bathrooms. White walls, white carpet. Boring, boring, boring for an active little boy. Luckily, his room didn't need a lot of renvation work before it could be painted. The house had settled a little, so the old tape on several joints needed to be replaced and refloated, but that was a relatively easy job. If everyone has a hidden talent, mine is taping and floating wall joints....don't ask how I came by that...
Cleared for painting.
Anthony's bedset is full of life and color, so I wanted that to be carried out through his wall color. I chose a sky blue that I matched to his bedset.
Loving his new bed with his comforter.
He was absolutely bowled over by the blue. He loved it.
But Mommy wasn't done yet. Storage space for toys is a major problem in any child's room. In particular, we needed a space to store his growing book collection and other odds and ends. Off to the Home Despot for more supplies...
I found a great shelving system from Rubbermaid that didn't involve paint and time. They were all ready to go. With the help of a stud finder, I hung the shelves in about an hour.
Post-installation, pre-moving books in.
The shelves were empty for a whole five minutes before he wanted to put his books on them. Then I tackled the closet organizer. True to form, the previous owner had cobbled it together from scrap wood and then when something broke, only fixed it halfway. A project that should have taken an hour took three while I dealt with trying to prep the surface so it would take the paint well. However, alls well that ends well and I got the shelves painted.
During the painting of the closet shelving unit, I discovered that the tape in the corner needed replacing, so I felt free to make a mess on the walls since it would be repainted to match the rest of the room.
Finally, I hung the curtians that matched his bedding and found some great wall stickers that matched his sheet set from Wallies. The walls in his room are pretty heavily textured, but I found that by using a stapler, I could give the stickers some extra staying power. A new energy efficient and much more modern fan with better light was hung through some trial and error.
Bed and Window Decorated
Window, Shelves and Chest of Drawers