Friday, June 4, 2010

On Love

Recently, a good friend of mine went through an ugly breakup after giving his heart away. It was one of those realtionships where true colors were revealed in the end. They were not pretty and my heart aches for him.

That is why, every single day, I am thankful for the people in my life that I love and who love me unquestioningly in return. I am also thankful that I have my garden and I love it.

After a dramatic upheaval/fight/personal tragedy...and there have been some pretty good ones... that is where I am to be found. Yanking weeds out of the beds in an attempt to work out anger, sitting quietly reflecting on the wild peacefulness and intertwining relationships between the plants, or sorting out feelings while redirecting wayward cucumber vines. And there is always the thing that makes me stop and think. Like the suprise flowers on the lavender plant...or the pretty pinky purply ones on the soapwort plant. In these times where I have sought the love of the garden, despite the inevitable mosquito bites, I have never left it feeling worse than I went in.

And that, folks, is what love should be.


Mock Orange-Not mine, but one day, I will have one of these in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment