Monday, September 20, 2010

One of These Days...

I might actually get back to blogging about the garden. The last few weeks have been a blur of long nights, long days, an unhappy kiddo, rain, and everything being out of sync. Even the felines were having bad fur days.

What passes for normal here at Jessamine Gardens is finally reasserting itself. Minus the rain, which God has every bit of control over and I have none. Anthony went back to school this morning. I have not had to give him pain meds in the last 24hours which is a relief for both of us. Have you ever tried to give a 3-year old medicine that he hates? Its an experience that I won't choose to repeat any time soon. He gets to eat a more normal diet soon and that will be a relief as well.

As for the garden...Let's just say that I am producing a successful crop of weeds at the moment. That's not entirely true. But suffice it to say, I have a big job ahead of me this weekend, assuming that it is not raining. I will be pulling the okra plants, pulling the Thai basil that has volunteered, cleaning up the tomatoes, and planting carrot, radish, parsnip, collard greens, mustard greens, and spinach seeds. I will also be harvesting the sweet potatoes that I planted back in May. I am very excited and meant to do it a week or so ago, but things got in the way.

So as you can tell, things are coming full circle. It will be an interesting season as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment