Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back in the Saddle

It has been pointed out to me that I have been seriously slacking in the blogging arena. I swear, I had EVERY intention of getting on here and writing. Really, I did. Life has been frustrating over the last month or so and I have been pushing with every little bit that I have had to get it whipped back into shape. That, and right before Christmas, we had a glut of work come through. If I wasn't working, then I was sleeping.

But that insanity has settled down, life is back to what passes for normal, and I am back to blogging. It is the first thing that I should do, short of praying, when life goes sideways, and yet, it always seems to be the first thing that gets pushed to the wayside. But for the grace of God, go I...

Finding the right house and property has been challenging to say the least. I don't have a huge budget and am not willing to settle for anything but right...I'm very frustrating to my realtor in that respect! But I have faith that the perfect house will show up for me when the time is right. I'll be the first to admit that I don't do well when the answer to my prayers is "wait".Then again, my Creator knows that I am that way and perhaps he gives me ample opportunities to learn how to "wait". Someday, that lesson might even filter into my thick skull!

In the meantime, I am tinkering with the idea of getting the herbs going and a few plants that will move pretty well. I'm trying not to put down too many more roots. (Pun totally intended!) Suffice it to say that the spring garden is going to be pretty pathetic. Tomatoes, peppers, peas, squashes and lettuces are probably all that I am going to put in. All of those should pretty mobile if I should need to pick up and move during their growing season.

I have cabbages, broccoli, and carrots in the ground right now and I am pretty much waiting for them to finish filling out before harvest. I have been running out to the garden every night to keep an eye on their progress.

I am back in the saddle again. In more ways than one, but those are posts for another day!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome back! I am praying for you guys & hoping you find the absolute perfect home ASAP!

    How is Mr. A doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is doing well. Typical bossy 3 year old and trying to run the show. I'll have pictures up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete