Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Scrumptious Sausage Skillet

Last night, I was standing in my kitchen wondering what the heck to cook for dinner. This happens a lot...

Everyone else was eating. Anthony pretty much begged me for fish sticks and french fries and I only eat that when desperate. The kitties were snarfing down their food (I can bearly stand to smell that stuff!). And that left me with a growling stomach. After unsuccessfully searching the pantry for something quick and easy, I shifted to investigating the fridge. I had not been smart enough to defrost something in the morning before work, which would have been entirely too easy. In my rummaging, I came up with a package of smoked sausage and a bunch of vegetables....and then I thought...why the heck not. So here's what I came up with:

Scrumptious Sausage Skillet

1-1 lb package of smoked turkey sausage
1 c onion (1/2 of a large onion)
2 c cubed new potatoes
1/2 c water
1/2 c matchstix carrots (can always use sliced or diced)
1/2 c chopped green pepper
2 c shredded cabbage
1 tsp Wostershire (sp?!) sauce
1 tbsp Cajun spice

Slice the turkey sausage and cook in a skillet until warm. Add potatoes, water, carrots, green pepper, and onion. Cook until potato is tender. Add cajun spice, wostershire sauce, and cabbage. Cook until cabbage is tender. Enjoy!

Best of all, it was a one pan meal. I had to put this away last night so that I didn't eat the entire thing in one sitting. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment