Monday, March 29, 2010

Of Bunnies and Backhoes

I took Anthony to an Easter Egg hunt at our Church. It was great and well organized. Anthony was interested in everything and seemed to be doing pretty well. Then, enter the Easter Bunny. One look at the human-sized rabbit had my sweet little guy burying his face in my shoulder and whimpering. Okay, no Easter Bunny this year. I made sure that he really didn't want to go near the Easter Bunny and anytime we went near the stage where the Easter Bunny was posed for photos, we had instant waterworks. Understand, I didn't go within about 20 feet of the bunny. I knew he was afraid. I was just making sure that he didn't miss it if he decided that he wanted to say hi to the bunny. It was a no-go, so we went out with the other kids to hunt eggs. Anthony is definately a champ at easter egg hunts now. I even tossed a few back out for other kids to find.

Fast forward an hour or so and we arrive at my parents' house where Dad is working in the side yard with a backhoe. We do a lot of work at their house with power tools and Anthony hates it. So I was a little concerned about how he would react to all the noise of the backhoe, considering the earlier reaction to the Easter Bunny. I shouldn't have worried. Anthony saw his Papa and the backhoe and it was all I could do to hold him back long enough for Dad to shut off the engine. Then he was running as fast as his little legs could carry him over to the backhoe. He got the thrill of his short life when Papa let him raise and lower the bucket. All I heard the rest of the afternoon was "MY tractor" and "Its MY turn, Papa." He was a very sad little boy when it was time for a nap and the "tractor" had to go bye-bye. I can't wait to see what he does with the bulldozer this summer. I think there is a career in construction for him later in life... Its okay. I love the big earthmovers too.
Anthony having the time of his life with his Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment