I have been in a kind of blah mood all week. Negative upon negative seems to keep adding up, especially when I thought things were headed in the right direction. Negative thoughts=negative moods=negative results, right? So I am putting that to an end right now. I'm going to count my blessings.
1. I have a beautiful home, where I can garden to my heart's content.
2. I have a wonderful family that I can depend upon.
3. I have a beautiful son who grows bigger and more intelligent every day.
4. I have a job that pays the bills.
5. I have wonderful friends who give me a laugh when I need it, advice when I want it, encouragement when I'm down, a swift kick in the ass when necessary, and send me home with armloads of plants(Thanks Linda!!).
6. I have the strength and determination to keep moving when all I want to do is quit.
7. I have the energy that it requires to balance work, home, family, gardening, and a little blessed personal time.
Now, 7 doesn't seem like a big number, but I grouped them to save everyone's eyes and to not come off as a big sap. I'm only moderately sappy on occasion and probably a little too logical on most. There are definately worse things to be!
Now, the things that I am excited about:
1. The Dave's Garden Round Up on Saturday.
2. A very much needed 2-week vacation to Montana/North Dakota this summer.
3. A quick trip to see a friend.
4. Helping my dad build a "big boy" bed for Anthony (We don't buy beds, we build)
5. Anthony's third birthday
6. Buying a house this fall/winter
7. Eating all the things that are growing in the garden.
8. Zumba classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (even though they are kicking my ass right now).