Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Cup Runneth Over

I have been in a kind of blah mood all week. Negative upon negative seems to keep adding up, especially when I thought things were headed in the right direction. Negative thoughts=negative moods=negative results, right? So I am putting that to an end right now. I'm going to count my blessings.

1. I have a beautiful home, where I can garden to my heart's content.
2. I have a wonderful family that I can depend upon.
3. I have a beautiful son who grows bigger and more intelligent every day.
4. I have a job that pays the bills.
5. I have wonderful friends who give me a laugh when I need it, advice when I want it, encouragement when I'm down, a swift kick in the ass when necessary, and send me home with armloads of plants(Thanks Linda!!).
6. I have the strength and determination to keep moving when all I want to do is quit.
7. I have the energy that it requires to balance work, home, family, gardening, and a little blessed personal time.

Now, 7 doesn't seem like a big number, but I grouped them to save everyone's eyes and to not come off as a big sap. I'm only moderately sappy on occasion and probably a little too logical on most. There are definately worse things to be!


Now, the things that I am excited about:
1. The Dave's Garden Round Up on Saturday.
2. A very much needed 2-week vacation to Montana/North Dakota this summer.
3. A quick trip to see a friend.
4. Helping my dad build a "big boy" bed for Anthony (We don't buy beds, we build)
5. Anthony's third birthday
6. Buying a house this fall/winter
7. Eating all the things that are growing in the garden.
8. Zumba classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (even though they are kicking my ass right now).

No comments:

Post a Comment